Friday, March 27, 2009

This isn't fun anymore

I think I hit the renovation wall. The painters arrived at 7 am this morning and I was happy to see them. However, by 6 pm when they were still here, I just about lost it.

The windows and doors are taped up and you can't go in and out of the house. So when I arrived home at 3:30 pm after a long day; once I got in, there was no going back out. We can't open the windows and I am starting to feel like a caged rat.

I just happened to go and check on the Koi pond, when I uncovered one of the painters sweeping dirt into the pond. Then I see that my pond pump is off. Nothing nearby was unplugged so I started to freak. Of course the painters had no idea why my pump was off. Fortunately one of them finally admitted that they unplugged something on the upper level patio. Sure enough, that was the problem. I have no idea how long it had been turned off, but I was not too happy and they knew it.

It probably wouldn't have been such a big deal if I hadn't been living in a renovation zone for the past week. The living room still has no furniture back in it and until the job is complete, the master bedroom is our domain. I just keep telling myself it will all be over soon.

No comments: