Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting Married!!

Wow, once again it's been a long time since I've posted. Things have been crazy, but crazy in a good way. On August 1st 2009, after nearly 6 1/2 years together, Tony asked me to marry him. Officially. We had planned on getting Married in April 2010 so I knew it was just a matter of time before he asked me with an engagement ring.

My birthday is August 3rd an Tony surprised me with the most amazing suite at the Plazzo in Las Vegas. I knew the weekend was going to be amazing and I knew there was a good possibility that my birthday present would be an engagement ring. Surprisingly, I was as calm and cool as the summer breeze. I can't say the same for Tony though. He seemed very nervous and anxious the first two days and I knew something was up.

The morning of August 1st, Tony asked me when I wanted to ride the Gondola at the Venetian. We decided to have dinner that night and go on the Gondola. Long story short, we had dinner and went for our Gondola ride. Mid way through the ride, I looked in the water and noticed all the pennies people had tossed in. So I asked Tony if he had a Penny, I could toss to make a wish.

He reached in his pocket and handed me what I thought would be a penny, but instead it was my diamond engagement ring.

I cried the rest of the ride and so did he. We went out for drinks and desert to celebrate and I think I have been smiling since.

Now we are planning our Kauai Wedding and it's been an emotional roller coaster as we go through the process of what has now become a desitination wedding.

No comments: