Sunday, September 2, 2007

Ahh Airfreshners!

The hotel hasn't been renovated in YEARS. So ever since I took over, I have been dealing with this odor. It's odor like if someone locked up an old room for years. It's musty and quite unpleasant. So for the last few months I have tried product after product to get the smell out. We also steam cleaned the carpets, washed walls, you name it, we have tried it. So finally I found an freshner thats a little film, you slip into the vent of the wall unit air conditioners. These babies are amazing and for the first time I'm getting compliments on how nice and clean my rooms smell.

Until today........

As I'm checking people out of the hotel this morning, a very fit couple dressed in tight bicycle pants comes to check out. As they check out I ask my signature "how was everything?" The woman begins to tell me that she had to have the maintenance man come to their room and "pull that nasty air freshner out. It's not that it didn't smell nice, those things things have chemcials and most likely cause cancer." "One day we will all have cancer and realize it's from hotel air freshners."
My jaw must have fallen open as a stared at her because she quickly told me her stay was fine and hurried out the door.

So now instead of making my customers happy, I guess I'm just trying to kill them off one by one. Everyday I realize, you truely cannot make everyone happy and it's best not to take things personally.

1 comment:

Flann said...

Better than athlete's foot from a hotel shower or gonnorhea from a hotel toilet!