Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Hampton Inn

So it looks like we will be officially becoming a Hampton Inn. I am so excited for construction to start in January. The company has been spending the past few months deciding if we will be a Double Tree, Hilton Garden Inn or a Hampton Inn. I love Hampton's so I am very excited. While it would look great having a Double Tree on my resume, there is something really special about a Hampton. I love selling a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast, Internet and parking.

I'm not sure what we will do with the restaurant that is currently empty. I think I will find someone to lease it out. But I will know more in Jan.

The best part about renovating will be getting new beds. I got my 3rd complaint this week that the mattress springs were poking a guest back. Can you imagine, checking into a hotel and having the mattress springs poke your back? It's so embarrassing. However, we can't just get new mattresses. Hampton has specific mattresses we have to buy, so we need to wait until renovation. The Hampton beds are amazing. Since we already own a Hampton down the road, I bought the Hampton bed during that renovation. Love it.

2 comments:

Flann said...

I love Hamptons. We stayed in one for a wedding and it was awesome. So comfy. Let me know when it's all done and I'll be there.

However, Double Tree does the free cookies ...

noisy penguin said...

I love Hamptons as well. Good breakfast, super comfy beds. Awesome.